The Art of Team Building
In essence, the Art of Team Building is about bringing people together. It is about helping people to realize that “we have far more things in common with each other than things that divide us”.
Truthfully speaking, it is both an art form and a science and there are definitely some very particular strategies and important “orders of operation” that typically help groups to become more connected, higher functioning Teams.
By understanding these strategies intimately as a Facilitator, you can begin to assemble a whole host of tools to help support people develop both as individuals and as a wider collective team or community.
The goal of this program is not simply to teach participants a series of really interesting new activities, but to help them learn about what is actually happening “under the hood” of group development so that they can become more competent and confident “conductors” of experiences and intentional “engineers” of their own workshops and programming.
Our very unique approach to teaching and training utilizes hands-on active learning, captivating storytelling and innovative activities that will help you to explore these very sought after professional skills “from the inside out”.
Our Trainers specialize in supporting groups to gracefully step beyond their comfort zones and to learn how to greet challenges as opportunities. We assist people in continually deepening their emotional intelligence as they find the courage to overcome obstacles and their own perceived limitations in a safe and supportive environment.
Our transformative approach equips people to establish a more comfortable practice of personal reflection and to celebrate all successes both big and small in a genuine way.
We are constantly told by our participants how unusual and refreshingly different our programs are and how they re-define the words “professional development!”
This program will explore in depth:
- Proven techniques for engaging participants across a spectrum of different learning styles,
- How to facilitate a progression of powerful trust building activities
- The deepening and development of presentation and group facilitation skills
- Relationship and Rapport Building
- How to design effective and engaging experiential activities, workshops or meetings
- Processing and reviewing activities that effectively harness participant learning
- Strategies for capturing the attention and imaginations of your participants
- The deep importance of creating an environment of Physical and Emotional safety
- Tips for facilitating engaging processing activities that inspire participation
- The importance of progression in the quest for meaningful successes
- How to capture “Teachable Moments”
- How to manage and address difficult behaviours
- Transition Activities and the skill of intentionally switching people’s gears
- Group Development and how to design timely and meaningful thematic programming
- Risk assessment and risk management of your activities
- Building your own “back-pocket” of ready to go activities, games and processing tools
- Fun and creative tools for assessing your changing group and the individuals within it
- Transformational activities vs. Theme park style programming
This program is ideal for Business Leaders, Educators and other Professionals looking to engaging and innovative new approaches for bringing people together and facilitating highly memorable experiences. It is an absolute core competency for those seeking work as Outdoor Professionals.
Leaders of the Day currently partners with Innovation Centres, Businesses, School Boards and Outdoor Education Centres across the country and even assists in training Habitat for Humanity’s International Team Leaders as they embark on their projects throughout the world. Come get the skills you need to take your work to the “next level!”
Our All-inclusive package for this program includes the cost of your tuition, shared accommodation at a beautiful lodge near Algonquin Provincial Park, a delicious meal plan and the opportunity to participate in an exciting High Ropes experience as part of your program.
Modified versions of this program are also available and can be delivered at most venues of your choosing. We are mobile and can come to you!
Click here to contact our Team. This program is now also available as an exciting Virtual Training Program!