Leaders of the Day specializes in training and certification experiences for professional Educators and world renowned Leadership development programs and expeditions for high school and University aged students. Executive Director Tony Cox brings over a quarter century of experience in the Outdoor and Experiential Education Industries. He has led designed and developed programs and professional training experiences on 3 continents. The majority of our programs are staged out of the beautiful Spirit Point Lodge just outside of South River, Ontario on the North-western edge of Algonquin Provincial Park. Leaders of the Day is headquartered near Bear Valley Ontario, but designs programs for clients as far north as the Arctic Circle.
Our current programs tend to have 5 distinct participant audiences:
- Those wishing to become trained as Outdoor Educators, Wilderness Instructors or Experiential Facilitators.
- Teachers, Principals, Counselors and other Educators seeking impactful Team Building or Professional Development experiences.
- Established Outdoor Professionals who feel like they have reached a plateau in their development and are looking for a powerful facilitated experience to take their skills to the next level.
- Young Adults 14-25 experiencing a transition in their lives and seeking to excavate new skills and awarenesses for the next chapter of Life.
- Elementary students learning about the keystones of Leadership and how to be the Earth Keepers of the next generation.
These programs range in length from engaging half day “ignition” experiences in the classroom to multi-day, expeditionary learning programs in the Canadian wilderness.