The Art of Team Building
2 Day Certification Experience
Experiential Facilitation is the intentional use of some very powerful skills and tools that help us to support participants in interpreting and deriving meaning from their experiences. Skillful facilitation invites participants to gracefully step beyond their comfort zones to greet challenges as opportunities and to overcome obstacles and their perceived limitations in a safe and supportive environment. It promotes self-assessment, personal reflection and the celebration of all successes both big and small in a genuine way.
The research is clear about the need to engage people’s differentiated learning styles, but often people find themselves at a loss for some unique, proven and effective strategies for truly capturing their students’ interest and imaginations. This program expertly explores the role of adventure and outdoor activities as powerful and often therapeutic catalysts for engaging participants in their own learning, the building of important “Life Assets” and the excavation of Leadership.
This program will explore in depth:
- Proven techniques for engaging participants across a spectrum of different learning styles,
- How to facilitate a progression of powerful trust building activities
- The deepening and development of presentation and group facilitation skills
- Relationship and Rapport Building
- How to design effective and engaging experiential Lesson Plans
- Processing and reviewing activities that effectively harness participant learning
- Capturing the attention and imaginations of your students
- The deep importance of creating an environment of Physical and Emotional safety
- Tips for facilitating engaging processing activities that inspire participation
- The importance of progression in the quest for meaningful successes
- How to capture “Teachable Moments”
- Group Development and how to design timely and meaningful thematic programming
- Risk assessment and risk management of your activities
- Building your own “back-pocket” of ready to go activities, games and processing tools
- Fun and creative tools for assessing your changing group and the individuals within it
- Transformational Education vs. Theme park style programming
This program is ideal for Teachers and other Educators looking to deepen their tool boxes or broaden their spectrum of approaches and is an absolute core competency for those seeking work as Outdoor Professionals. Leaders of the Day currently partners with School Boards and Outdoor Education Centres throughout the province and even assists in training Habitat for Humanity’s International Team Leaders as they embark on their projects throughout the world. Come get the skills you need to take your work to the “next level!”
Our All-inclusive package for this program includes the cost of your tuition, shared accommodation at the beautiful Spirit Point Lodge near Algonquin Park, a delicious meal plan and the opportunity to participate in an exciting High Ropes experience during your program.
Click here to contact us about scheduling a Training for your Staff Team or work place.
Click here to inquire about our special rates for students!